Well, I blew it this week. I broke my own cardinal rule.
I always preach the value of consistency in creating content and how even one lapse can cause a ripple effect that could derail your whole strategy.
But alas. This week, I slipped on my writing and as a result, I’m typing this out on Friday morning rather than sending it out Tuesday.
It’s only a few days’ difference, and it might sound trivial. But mostly, I just think of it on principle: if I let it slip now, it’ll be easier to let it slip again later.
So, I had one of two options this week:
- Call it a wash and try again next week
- Force myself to sit down and do it late rather than never
With that in mind, I decided I’d blast out a quick note to share my experience and to offer a reminder with anyone who’s interested:
The key to creating content that moves the needle is to show up consistently and provide value. It can be a lot to keep up with but it works when you stick with it.
So, if you find yourself short on time or motivation, just read this again and remember that consistency is key for:
- Showing that you’re actively thinking and strategizing
- Building trust and credibility
- Strengthening your reputation
- Broadening the surface area of your business
- Making sure you’re frequently visible to your target audience
And that’s worth its weight in gold.