In the first installment of this series, I talked about how you can create high-value content to support your sales process.
And in this one, I’m going to cover non-marketing content you can use internally.
Specifically, content you can use to enhance your member experience.
Think about this: when a new member signs up for your space, what are they probably thinking and feeling?
As someone who just recently signed up for a coworking space again, I can tell you first-hand some of my thoughts and feelings were:
- I don’t know anyone here, who else is working in this space with me?
- Where is everything located in this big building?
- How do I book meeting rooms? How do I access them?
- Where are the washrooms? The kitchen? Snacks and coffee?
- What type of social activities happen here?
- What kinds of restaurants are in the neighborhood? Stores? Cocktail bars?
- Is there transit nearby? Where’s the parking?
- What are all the cool amenities that were mentioned during my tour that I inevitably forgot?
And, as a coworking operator, this provides you with an awesome opportunity to provide your members with additional value by creating email automations that help them get onboarded.
This can include email flows that:
- Welcome your members
- Get them situated and let them know where things are
- Remind them how to use all the tools and amenities in the space
- Let them know what’s in the neighbourhood, like great lunch places and coffee shops (or any other interesting things you want to share)
- Answer any new member FAQs
- Update them on social events
- Encourage community participation
Some of these things can live on your blog, but others can simply be delivered in email form. But when you put them all together, you create a ton of extra value for your members.
And this can help boost retention and referrals.
While this might seem complicated, it doesn’t have to be. If you use tools like MailChimp, this is easy to set up and there are tons of resources that’ll teach you how to do it.