I talk a lot about why you need to make content that’s shareable, but here are the Coles Notes:
When people share your content with their friends, family, and colleagues, it puts you in front of an exponentially bigger audience, in turn increasing your chance of attracting new members.
But in order to make your content shareable, you need to understand the five things that people want to achieve in sharing great content.
- To bring valuable and entertaining content to others
- To define ourselves to others
- To grow and nourish our relationships
- To get the word out about causes or brands
So, if you’re writing content with the hopes of it being shared, do the following:
- Look at who your ideal member is, what they care about, and how they define themselves
- Use that knowledge to identify specific topics that will align with their identity
- Write high-quality content on those topics and share it widely
When you understand what matters most to your ideal member, it becomes a lot easier to create content they’ll want to share.